25.12.11

Best of...

Top 11 of 2011

I know it sounds cheesy and like everybody says it… but it really feels like 2011 has flown by. In less than a week I am celebrating my nineteenth birthday and I honestly feel like six months ago I was still a naïve little fifteen year old. But let’s get down to business.

2011 is the year where my love for fashion and beauty really blossomed and turned into somewhat of an obsession. Every time I come home with a bag from the drugstore my mother sighs and says ‘Don’t you think you have enough now?’. My usual answer is no, I will never have enough of the things I love.

I’m going to list my favorite beauty products of 2011, with a miniature review of the items that have not been seen on the blog before. I hope you enjoy and I tag everyone who reads this to do the same. Leave a link to your post in the comments and if you do not write your own blog, make the list in the comment. I’m curious as to what your favorite items of 2011 are.

1. Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in #77 Jersey Rose

My first ever Chanel lipstick, one swipe of this baby and I fell in love. It’s such a perfect ‘my lips but better’ color. It’s creamy and gorgeous and goes with pretty much every single make-up look.

2. Charles Worthington Heat Protection Spray

An absolute must when you use heat tools on your hair. I’ve started using curlers on my hair quite a lot in the second half of this year, and to protect your lovely tresses from the drying heat, you really need to protect your hair.

3. Remington Pearl Curling Wand

As mentioned in the previous favorite, I’ve started using a lot more hair styling toos, and this is my new go to curler. It’s a clipless curling wand. Because it doesn’t have a clip it doesn’t clamp down your hair which makes for softer more natural looking curls. But be careful and use your heat protection glove, because I’ve got the burns on my hands to prove how hot it gets.

4. L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara in extra black.

This. Mascara. Is. Amazing. Enough said.

5. MNY blush in 301

This is such a perfect peach color. It has gorgeous gold shimmer in it. It provides a perfect glow to my cheeks. I’m sure it works on a lot of skintones. And I believe it comes pretty close to Nars’ Orgasm blush.

6. OPI’s Nail Lacquer in Russian Navy

This year my love for OPI has grown and grown. The formulas and finishes of their nail lacquers is so amazing. I’m starting to mind the 14 euro price tag less and less every single time I paint my nails.

7. Lee Stafford’s Treatment for hair that never grows past a certain length

I’m a bit of a cheat with this one. Because I only purchased this treatment last week. But I can say, hands down, that my hair hasn’t looked this good and healthy for the entire year of 2011. A more in depth review of this is coming in the new year, because I want to be using for a while before I voice my opinion.

8. Sigma Cleanse and Polish tool

This tool changed my skin. I used to get regular breakouts all over my face. Since using this tool in combination with the Obagi and Dermalogica products my skin has never looked this good. My pores have shrunk, my complexion is more even and my breakouts happen far less frequent. I’m so happy my brother bought me this for graduation high school.

9. MAC’s paintpot in Painterly

One of my first purchases at MAC was this paintpot. The color is really close to my skintone and I often just use this on its own to even out my lid color, just add a bit of jetblack eyeliner and some lipbalm and you’re ready to go. Also, as a base, this works perfectly. It makes eyeshadows look more vibrant and it helps them stay all day. A real wonder product.

10. Urban Decay’s Naked Palette

I bought this in The Hague this summer, and I’ve used it at least once a week ever since. This palette has the most amazing collection of neutral shades, and the golds in the palette are just to die for. The pigmentation and duration of each and every shade is amazing and I truly believe everyone needs to own this palette.

2012 is on its way, and it’s fast approaching. For 2012 I have some nice things planned. And… I have a little announcement to make. Starting the first Friday of 2012, Vera, one of my classmates and the demo model in my Remington Pearl Curling Wand review video, will write her own little article for secondhandspring. She’s going to try something new every single week, whether it’s beauty, fashion or lifestyle related, and document her experiences and thoughts for all of you. So keep your eyes out for Vera’s first introductory post that will be published soon!

Also, do you have favorite products for 2011? If you do, write a post about it and leave the link in the comments. Or if you don’t have your own blog, make a little list in the comments. I would love to know which products were your favorites for this past year!

No comments:

Post a Comment