26.10.13

The Edit: Keeping the glow alive

editkeepingtheglowalive

Summer, the sun beating down warming the streets, girls in flowy dresses, guys with sunglasses perched on their noses. Lounging on a deck chair, soaking up some rays. Sounds like a dream, doesn't it? Well, rain is pouring and that season is long gone. But what can we do to maintain our hard earned tans? I've put together a little edit with some of my favorite products for body and face.

Nothing tells the tale of winter better than dull, flaky skin. I keep my skin glowing and smooth with the Rituals Organic Rice Milk and Cherry Blossom shower scrub. Not too abrassive but just perfect for an exfoliation made easy. The smell is divine and I just keep purchasing this over and over. 

Keeping those limbs hydrated will not only keep your skin from looking dull, but pairing it with a self tanning cream like Dove did with their Summer Glow body moisturizer, is a perfect solution. The tanning agent tops up any fading summer tint while keeping your body moisturized and glowing. It's super easy to use and best part.. No stained bed sheets or patchiness. 

Bourjois have been on it with their releases and their summer collection, focused around the perfect bronzed tint, really hit the mark. One of their loveliest releases was the bronzing cream, supposedly a contender for being a dupe of the cult classic Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel. I love using this on the high points of my skin, where the sun naturally hits you, just to warm up my skin a little and get that summer look back. 

Most used on my cheeks last summer? The Collistar sun effect bronzer in number 8. The perfect bronze glow without looking like someone dumped a buckey of glitter on you. Just sweeping it on with a blush brush desires the wanted effect. My go to blush when I need a little glamour. 

As much as I would want to be enjoying a nice cocktail on the beach, I'm actually huddled in a Zara scarf listening to the rain fall. I wamt it to be June again...

No comments:

Post a Comment