4.11.11

Catrice Big City Life Review

LOGOBCLcollection

When I saw that Catrice was coming out with this collection mid october I knew that my poor, poor bank account just had to suffer it. Because I needed these palettes. I originally wanted all four, but when I was in the store swatching away I was a little disappointed by the pigmentation of the London palette, and the colours in the New York palette were just too similar to colours I already owned.

So I decided to only purchase the Berlin and Sydney palettes. And what a great choice it was. These palettes are amazing. The selection of colours is really great and the pigmentation is to die for. I have already made numerous looks with these babies. And they only cost me 7 euros each, great price/quality balance.

First up, Berlin. Berlin is one of the cities that I actually visited in my life. As a matter of fact, I started this blog right after I did. I was so inspired by all the lovely culture and fashion in that city that I just needed a platform to express that. Tada! Secondhandspring was born.

Berlin1flash

The colours in this palette are lovely and warm, not something I would directly connect to Berlin, but gorgeous nonetheless. Checkpoint Charlie is coming off a little too white due to the flash and the white background whilst in real life it's more of a light champagne pink with high shimmer. Perfect as a browbone highlight!

Next up Sydney. Sydney is high up on my list of cities to visit before I die. For now, I'll just have to settle for some eyeshadows and blushes inspired by them.

sidney1flash

I love the mix between matte and shimmering shades in this palette. The blush 'taronga zoo' is especially nice. I'm in love with it! The shades go with pretty much every eye colour and can be mixed and matched for many great looks. The texture of these shadows are nice and smooth and they blend like a charm. Especially 'Harbour Bridge' which I used as my crease colour yesterday.

Here are the swatches...

blushes
The blushes.
fltr: Unter den Linden, Siegessäule, Opera House, Taronga Zoo


berlinswatch
Berlin eyeshadows.
fltr: Tiergarten, Brandenburger Tor, Am Alex, Berlin Wall, Ku'Damm, Checkpoint Charlie

sdneyswatch
Sidney eyeshadows.
fltr: Sydney Aquarium, Town Hall, The Rocks, Harbour Bridge, Royal Botanical Garden, Bondi Beach

Aren't they absolutely gorgeous? If you want any of these palettes, be sure to rush to the store quickly, because I'm sure these will sell out incredibly fast. Worth your money!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is very interesting and I love it... It would be great to follow our blogs each other XoXo

    www.brooklynroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. adore the first palette! X

    ReplyDelete