19.9.12

Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils: My holy grail mascara


People change as do makeup routines. I think you can probably guess where this is going, my makeup routine has changed. For a year or two I wore pretty high coverage foundation with powder, deep black 
winged liner and a bright lipstick. But nowadays I settle for my Garnier BB cream, a peachy blush and a deep black mascara. As my makeup was changing I was also searching for the perfect black mascara that would make my lashes look long, voluminous yet keep the appeal of soft 'touchable' lashes.

And I found all of that in the YSL Effet Faux Cils mascara. I think I heard Hanne from the amazing Beautylovin' mention this in a few of her posts, so I was dying to try it. So when one of the leading perfumeries in the country had a special offer where they gave you a 40% discount on all mascaras I struck gold. Literally. 

Yves Saint Laurent seriously has the best packaging in the world. It looks and feels super luxurious, just like I said in my review of their Rouge Volupté Lipstick in Peach Passion. The tube is light in your hands and has to different tones of gold with the YSL label stamped into the side. 

The brush of this mascara doesn't look special or revolutionary at all, it's actually pretty plain. But oh the wonders it does when it's swiped over your lashes. Now, my lashes aren't super spectacular but they're a nice enough length on their own. This mascara is mainly used for volume and a deep dark color, but it does add nice length as well.

I think the picture of my eye speaks louder than a thousand words, so feast your eyes on the wonder that is the YSL effet faux cils mascara. 

The mascara lasts all day. The picture was taken at 8pm at night and I applied this mascara at 8:30am that same day. It only smudged a little in the corner of my eye, probably from me rubbing it. Even during a long terrible day at work it still looks wonderful. 

It might cost a fortune, but I really do think it's worth it. 




1 comment: