Since I decided that my hair now has the perfect length I've been doing more things with it. Besides the occasional curl and twirl of my recently dyed locks, I've also been changing the way I put it up. My favorite way of putting it up is the messy sixties ponytail. The small beehive works perfectly with my bangs when they are swept to the side.
This hairstyle is super easy, once you get the hang of it. Before I knew how to do it I followed the steps explained perfectly and beautifully by the lovely Yara from This Chick's Got Style, I recreated her lovely tutorial below. Her simple steps are easy to follow and leave you with a super cute interesting hairstyle that is sure to receive a compliment or two,
1. Add texture to your hair with your favorite product. This can be a powder, a spray or a dry shampoo. The product I used is Lee Stafford's Sea Salt Spray.
2. Run your fingers through your hair to create volume.
3. Part your hair to the side. A sixties ponytail definitely requires a side part.
4. Seperate the top quarter part of your hair and tease, tease, tease. Smooth over the top after you have teased enough. You don't want a huge mess of frizz on top of your head.
5. Secure the teased part with bobby pins.
6. Spray with hairspray to make sure the style stays. I use L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray.
7. Curl the ends of your hair. This makes the pony more voluminous and chic.
8. Gather your hair the at the nape of your neck and secure it with a hair tie. Tug at the ends to lift the pony tail to your desired heigth.
9. Grab a small section of hair from the base of your pony tail and wrap it around the hair tie, effectively hiding it and providing a nice finishing touch. Finish with a light spritz of hairspray et voila! A messy sixties ponytail.
And always remember...
Embrace messy hair.