4.6.13

May Favorites

mayfaves1
mayfaves3mayfaves2

Holy shit balls. May's over. This means a few things. One, I am really upset that the weather is still terrible. I'm getting in a definite time crunch finishing up on school work. And it's time for favorites already. Most of the things I liked last month are still really high up on my list, but to try and not be too repetitive, here are some more things I've been reaching for a lot over the last month. 

Clarins Extra Comfort Cleansing Cream - By now, you should probably know that I am obsessed with skin care expert Caroline Hirons. She recommended this as a cleanser and since I was in the market for a new one, I decided to give it a whirl. I absolutely love it. It really makes my skin so much nicer and easier to deal with. 

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector - Gorgeous hybrid between a lip balm and a lipgloss. Great shine without the gloopiness. This converted me from a solely lipstick type of girl. The shade pictured is 05 Candy Shimmer.

Andrélon Pink Collection styling products - The hairstyle I've gone for often this month is aptly described as 'got pulled through a hedge backwards'. I like big messy hair. But since I was naturally blessed with thick, heavy, pin straight hair I need some products to build texture and volume. And these two awesomely affordable products help me do that.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - This palette holds all the basic colors a girl can need. I especially love the deep brown shade called faint. That looks great on the lid and in the brow.

Max Factor lipstick in Bewitching Coral - This formula is buttery soft and it feels just like a lip balm, but then with some kicking punch of color. This coral shade is perfect for spring and it has graced my lips many a days during the month of May.

Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in Infinitely Fuchsia - Maybelline have recently reformulated their Superstay lipsticks, and boy am I glad they did. I got two shades and this is probably my favorite one. I love a good fuchsia and the fact that it stays on forever without drying your lips is just a wonderful bonus. Expect a full review on this lipstick range soon.

Rituals Orange Cedar shower foam - This scent is heavenly. So fresh! I love a good citrus-y scent in my shower to wake me up in the morning. This also is a really interesting product as it comes out as a gel that immediately transforms into a foam. Silky soft and indulgently foamy.

MAC eye shadows in Satin Taupe and Shadowy Lady - MAC makes really good eyeshadows, and these two I have been reaching for all the time.

Nails Inc Brooke Street - I accidentally stumbled upon this color in the Sephora sale and I instantly fell in love. It's such a gorgeous shade for spring and summer. The perfect coral with hints of pink and red. I honestly don't know how to describe this shade. Such a stunner.

Essie Fear or Desire - From last year's summer collection, I picked it up 50% off in a sale and I am really glad I did. I've been rocking this shade on my toes for the past couple of days. I only wear orange on my finger nails when I am out of the country, since it is the national color around here, and that just makes me feel a little too chauvinistic. But toenails, they can rock orange year round.

And that is it for my favorites of the last month. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to try and tackle the massive amount of schoolwork I have left. So little time...

3 comments:

  1. I love the shade of Max Factor lipstick in Bewitching Coral, it's gorgeous!
    Have a great day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your product reviews. That clarins lip perfector looks awesome. Thanks for sharing!! XX

    Helen @
    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post - I really want to try the Rituals shower foams x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete