4.10.13

The Makeup Bag: Pick Me Up Edition

makeupbag1

makeupbag2

The sallow grey weather is bringing me down, and I feel a bit under the weather. I'm trying to distract myself from the changing weather and the torrents of rain with makeup that is anything but sallow. Glowing skin, bright cheeks and simple eyes. 

I have raved about the Dior BB cream  since I got it from duty free in August, and I'm pretty sure I won't ever stop raving about it. Perfect natural coverage and a great glow added to your skin without making it feel like you are wearing anything at all. 

The Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty adds the prettiest pop of color on the cheek. Again, super natural, like a healthy flush. It also lasts ages on my skin and only requires a light brush stroke before looking fabulous. 

Reviewed earlier last week, Bourjois has relaunched a classic beauty product that was originally released in the 1800s. This powder smells fantastic and provides the prettiest glow. Requires a light hand, or you'll look like a disco ball, but it sure looks fabulous on the skin.

Because I wear large glasses I always keep my eyes simple, but they have to look done. Most important being my eyebrows, because those caterpillars pop up just above the curve of my frame.My latest purchase is the MAC brow pencil in Lingering. Yes, that's another purchase heavily influenced by Lisa Eldridge. It's perfect for filling in any gaps and inconsistencies in my brows.

And rediscovered from the back of my collection is the gorgeous Yves Saint Laurent effet faux cils mascara. Incredibly voluminous lashes is what you get when you use this. Especially if you combine it with the perfect Shu Uemura lash curler.

Have you ever tried any of these products? And do you use specific products when you feel a little under the weather?

1 comment: