6.10.13

The Makeup: Date Night

datenight1

datenight2

He'll never say it out loud, and I hope I don't freak him out too much with this (he reads all my blog posts, the doll!) but I know when my boyfriend does or doesn't like the makeup that I am wearing. It took some time, but after almost a year as a couple I know just what kind of products to use to draw out that high purpose all us girls lust after, the 'you look beautiful'-comment. 

The secret is in looking like you have no makeup on. He doesn't appreciate colors that are really obvious on the face. Read: bold lips are a no no for date night. My red and pink lippies are reserved for nights we hang out with friends or attend a party. 

The skin has to be radiant and natural, but the product shouldn't be seen or felt on the skin. Multipurpose light coverage BB creams are most appreciated. This also earns a higher mark because they are easy and quick to apply, and doesn't require Mike to wait forever until I am done.

He doesn't pay much attention to eyebrows, as long as I don't make it into one eyebrow or make them black, he doesn't notice. Which allows me to fill them in and make them a little darker. A look I have been favoring for the last few weeks. 

I don't wear a lot of eye makeup on a daily basis, and I tend to skip that as well when it comes to date night. I like making my lashes look luscious with a thick layer of luxe mascara, after a pump of the Shu Uemura lash curler, of course.

If I wear anything on my lips at all, it's either a 'my lips but better'-color or a shimmer free lip balm. No need to make the boyfriend look like he has lipgloss on. 

The products that I am wearing in the pictures up top are the way too often mentioned Dior Skin Nude BB cream, Tarte Amazonian Clay blush (applied really lightly) and Sisley mascara. I finished it off with a light swipe of the essence matt lip cream in Velvet Rose. But if you want any real advice on what to wear on a date, then wear a smile. He'll always love seeing you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment