14.11.13

The Current Loves #2

skincare

makeup

soft pink



Even though my collection in all three categories is abundant,  I often gravitate towards using the same products over and over again. Because I love their look or appreciate what they do for me. I put together a little post to show you the things I am loving currently.

At the moment I am dealing with a pretty bad breakout around my mouth and on my chin. Probably due to too much dair, an excess of new skincare products and the sudden flip in the weather. It all became a bit much to handle for my skin and I have quite a few sore red bumps on my face. To combat these I have all but cut out dairy from my diet and I have drastically simplified my routine.

Part of this routine is the La Roche Posay physiological cleanser. A simple cleanser that does it's job greatly and not much else. It is mild and rids my skin of the day's makeup and grime and doesn't leave it feeling stripped. No crazy conservatives or mineral oils included. A great cleanser to soothe inflamed skin.

The Boots Botanicals facial oil is aiding my skin in the battle against the November cold. The temperature has dropped incredibly and a harsh cutting wind seems to have taken permanent hold in the air. Resulting in dehydrated, tight skin that needs quite a bit of relief. This facial oil nourishes very well and the rosehip helps fade any scars or dark spots from older acne and also combats dehydrated spots. It's doing a great job as restoring my glow.

A few weeks ago I went to my nearest high end cosmetics store on a mission to repurchase the Dior BB cream, which I had sadly run out of. Only upon talking to the makeup artist he recommend I try something with the same sort of finish but with just a tad more coverage. I ended up going for the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup. This base is so lightweight and does a great job at covering uneven skin tone. A bit of extra concealer is needed to hide my red spots, but I don't mind that at all.

The last love of the moment isn't necessarily a product, but more a colour. Soft pink everything is at the moment. I've got trousers, nail polish, beanies, you name it. If it is soft pink there is a good chance I want to buy it. I'm currently wearing Essie Muchi Muchi and some awesome pants that will be featured in an outfit post soon.

Those are the objects that I am currently reaching towards, they'll probably change during the coarse of the week or more. Since I am a massive product junkie and all..

No comments:

Post a Comment