6.2.14

The Aesop Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream

Aesop Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream

Aesop Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream 02

Aesop is a brand that easily lures me in. From their clean vintage looking apothecary-like packaging to the gorgeous blend of natural ingredients with potent laboratory made ones, it’s all lovely. So when I went onto the market looking for a new moisturizer, this was naturally the brand I gravitated towards. Luckily there are now some stores in the Netherlands that stock Aesop products, because one of my main concerns when trying new facial hydrators is the feel of the product.

While my skin is often dry and dehydrated one of the most dreaded sensations is the feeling of a thick heavy cream lying on top of it. This makes me feel like I am being smothered and my skin can’t breathe. I tend to go for light formulas that sink in fast, but those often end up lacking in the long term moisturizing department.

However, the new daytime moisturizer I am using seems to answer to all my skincare prayers. The formula is rich and nourishing, yet it sinks in fast and leaves my skin feeling gorgeously soft and hydrated. I’m talking about the Aesop Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream.

The formula is rather thick, something that left me a little worried at first. I tried it in store on the back of my hand and was amazed at how fast it sunk in. I would say that it rivals the speed of the Origins GinZing moisturizer, even though the formulas are nowhere near the same. Where GinZing has a gel formula, this is definitely a cream. I use about half a teaspoon each morning and massage that all over freshly cleansed and toned skin.

It smells quite heavily like lavender, so if that isn’t your thing I guess this isn’t for you. However I like the calming effect this has on my skin. My face looks plump and hydrated and it actually stays like that throughout the day. Even more so when you layer Hydraluron underneath it.

Using it for just a week I can already see such a difference in my skin. It looks a lot more plump, which also brings a more healthy shade to my skin. No more grey, sallow looking skin. It’s fresh and moisturized and it makes my daily makeup look a whole lot nicer. If you’re looking for a potent facial hydrator that sinks in fast and does a great job keeping your skin plump throughout the day, then the Aesop Primrose Facial Hydrating Cream is the one for you.


BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment