12.2.14

The Makeup Bag: Valentine's Day Budget Edition

Valentine's Day Makeup Bag 01

Valentine's Day Makeup Bag 02

I'm not a massive fan of Valentine's Day, romance should be an everyday occurence, not reserved for a single day in february. But I know a myriad of people are going on dates coming Friday so why not put together a selection of makeup that will get you through the night while your date is making googly eyes at you.

My experience teaches me that men don't really appreciate a face caked in makeup, heavy eyes, larger than life false lashes and red pouty lips. And honeys, surely you don't want to make him look like a clown after you've laid one on him? I've put together two makeup bags, suitable for both high and low budgets. Today's version is for the lower budgets and tomorrow morning I'll post the bag for higher budgets.

I love high end products, I won't deny it, but I can admit that drugstore products can also have some great hidden gems. All of these products are great and I have really enjoyed using them, I honestly think these could easily be sold for higher prices, that's how good they are.

The base of your V-Day look should be light and natural, and barely even there. The perfect product for this is the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint. It's super lightweight, you won't even notice it laying on your skin. It's also virtually undetectable. Coverage-wise it's pretty light, so you might need to hide any spots with a concealer. Building on that base, add a gorgeous sweep of cream blush. I'm saying cream blush because it generally looks more natural, like you're flushed from within. My favorite drugstore cream blushes are without a doubt by Bourjois. They have a small range of shades, but shade number two is my favorite, it's called Nude Velvet.

I don't know about you, but I'm one pasty girl in the winter. Add a little definition and depth to your face with some bronzer. Another Bourjois product here, as their bronzing cream is super natural and easy to apply with just your fingers. If you really want to look from within, add a highlight to the highpoints of your face, the cheekbones, the cupid's bow and the brow bone. I love the liquid/cream formula of the Body Shop's Radiant Highlighter.

Add whatever you want to your eyes, but keep it natural. I often wear my eyes bare with just loads of mascara. Make sure you use a mascara that still makes your lashes look like lashes, instead of spider legs. The Essence Get Big Lashes volume mascara is cheap as chips but works like a charm. It lenghtens and thickens lashes and holds a curl for a long time.

Finish off the look with a long lasting but subtle color. I used the Topshop lip crayon in Powder Room. Super pretty and girly, but it won't rub off when you smooch, and it will even last through a dinner.

These items are all you need for a budget friendly makeup bag. Products don't need to be expensive to be great, and this proves it. What is your favorite drugstore makeup product?

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment