13.2.14

The Makeup Bag: Valentine's Day Luxury Edition

Valentine's Day Luxury Makeup 01

Valentine's Day Luxury Makeup 02

While yesterday I featured the must have drugstore items for a perfect natural makeup on Valentine's Day, today we're focusing on my number one guilty pleasure. High end makeup. A few years ago I judged people who bought high end products and wasteful and snobbish, but boy was I wrong. I was under the impression that there was no difference between a budget product and one costing more than thirty euros, but sometimes there definitely is.

This makeup bag features products that I'm sure I can't get for cheaper. And honestly, they are worth every single penny of it. Like I said yesterday, men don't appreciate super dark intense makeup. At least, mine doesn't. The items in today's bag are all ones that warrant a gorgeous, glowing, natural makeup look that will have your person making doe eyes at you.

Start off your base with the lovely Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint. It gives a subtle light to medium coverage with a lovely glow. Cover any spots with a concealer, my favorite high end concealer is the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer. Enhance that glowing complexion further by adding a bit of definition. The Chanel Les Beiges shade that I got last summer is now definitely too dark to be using all over my face, so I use it as a subtle contour instead. This gives the prettiest look.

The Clarins Multi Blush adds a gorgeous rosy flush to the cheeks, this dries down matte which makes sure your glowing base won't become too overpowering. I'd stay away from adding to much shine, but add just a little bit of MAC Cream Color Base in the shade Pearl to the cupid's bow. This wil add more definition to your lips and make them look a little more pouty.

Curl your lashes and apply copious amounts of mascara, my product of choice is the Chanel Le Volumes de Chanel mascara. You'll want flirty lashes, so build volume by wiggling at the base and then sweep upwards to build lenght. Finish off your look by a swipe of the perfect lipgloss, Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in the shade Candy Shimmer. And that's it, your perfect Valentine's Day look sorted.

What are you doing this Valentine's Day? 

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment