7.3.14

The Brighteners

Skin brightening skincare 02

Skin brightening skincare

My favourite type of skincare is probably the kind that has brightening effects. A bright, clear complexion is probably what we're all lusting after. I know that I certainly do. I have a little bit of redhead in me, so I get freckles pretty easily, marks also tend to take a lot longer to fade and my skin tone often looks a little dreary and sallow. Which is where my favourite products come into play. Whether it's a daily moisturiser or a weekly exfoliating treatment, brightening skincare is the bomb. And these are my favourites.

The first one isn't necessarily one that is marketed as a brightening product, but the Boots Botanics Facial Oil with nourishing rose hip does wonders. Rose hip can do great things for your existing (acne) scars. I've kept applying it to a particularly nasty dark spot on my jawline and it has all but cleared up. It's also 99% organic and comes with a pretty modest price tag, always a plus.

If you're like me and you follow the gospel of Caroline Hirons, you know of the importance of lowering your skin's PH value. A more acidic skin doesn't allow bacteria to do their thing and therefore prevents spots from forming. The Clarins Gentle Exfoliator is an acid based toner that does just this for your skin. As it also exfoliates your skin with AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) which remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover, this toner is one of my everyday essentials. The exfoliation warrants fresh clear glowing skin, so you can look the best you can look.

Daily exfoliating with an acidic toner is often not enough, though. I use the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask at least once a week. This thick gloopy orange stuff doesn't feel all that lovely on the skin but that is quickly forgotten when you see your skin the next morning. Skin is smooth, clear and bright. Just the way I like it. It is rather pricey, but worth those pennies.

Another easy, everyday option to add brightness to your skin is by using the Vichy Idéalia Life serum. Designed for those girls that enjoy life's vices a little too often. Staying up all night watching Breaking Bad on Netflix is definitely one of those vices. The short nights cause skin to look sallow and tired. Just a pump of this serum and then my skin looks glowing fresh and well rested. This is also great for those girls that enjoy a glass of wine or ten.

The last everyday option is the moisturiser I'm currently using in the morning. Origins Ginzing moisturiser does wonderful things for your skin. It has a gel-like formula that easily sinks into the skin and leaves it feeling moisturised and refreshed. Plus this smells like a tall glass of orange juice, which is just what I need when I really don't feel like getting out of bed.

There you go, my picks for brightening skincare to give you that gorgeous fresh complexion. Because let's face it. Who doesn't want to glow?

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment