13.3.14

The Perfect Nude: L'Oreal Collection Privée

L'Oreal Collection Privée Julianne Moore lipstick

L'Oreal Collection Privée Julianne Moore lipstick 03

L'Oreal Collection Privée Julianne Moore lipstick 02

A collection of nude lipsticks tailored to match specific skins and eyes, are you serious? That sounds like the perfect collection in my beauty loving ears. Because finding the perfect nude is about as hard as finding your perfect red. L'Oreal has come out with a special collection of their Color Riche lipsticks, all made to fit their actor/model/superstar spokes-models. 

I knew pretty quickly that the lipsticks from the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Freida Pinto would not suit my light coloring. I would probably be better off with Doutzen Kroes or Julianne Moore, and when I swatched the shades in the store I knew immediately that I needed to get Julianne's shade

Slightly peach, it matches with my light skin perfectly, a 'my lips but better' kind of nude. Julianne might have light eyes where mine are brown, but I still feel like I suit peach tones best. I paired it with my favorite Clarins multi blush in the shade Candy, a match made in cosmetics fashion. 

The lipstick is quite moisturizing and goes on smoothly. It has a slight sheen to it, not usually something I take to but it's nothing a little blotting won't fix. It wears for a good few hours but does require a fresh application after you have eaten something. It's a pretty good lipstick, and if it had been more of a satin finish it definitely would've been my perfect nude. But, it comes pretty damn close.

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

PS: Don't mind my brows, I'm trying to grow them out

No comments:

Post a Comment