18.6.14

The Everyday Drawer #2

The Everyday Muji Drawer

The Everyday Muji Drawer 2

It's been roughly six months since I wrote a post called my 'everyday drawer', and I thought I would write another instalment as some products have been cycled out and replaced by newer and better ones. I don't wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis, if I can avoid it all, I do. But when I do put in the effort I like to use the best possible items so I can look a little more put together.

For my base I like using lightweight, natural coverage with a good glow. The newest addition to my makeup collection is from Estée Lauder and its their Doublewear All Day Glow BB cream. This stuff is seriously good. It lasts for hours and provides the prettiest coverage with a slight glow. Not looking like you're sweating your face off, just subtle and perfecting. If I need some extra colour I'll add a good swipe of Chanel Les Beiges powder. I have shade number four, which is definitely too dark as an all over powder. But it's perfect as a bronzer.

If I need to bring in some light I will use L'Oreal's Lumi Magique concealer. Just a few clicks and it will bring brightness to my tired eyes. And it's dirt cheap, such a miracle product. And any other bits of redness that pop through my base are obliterated by Bobbi Brown's Creamy Corrector.

The eyes are incredibly basic, just a couple of pumps from my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and then a coat or two from Chanel's Le Volume de Chanel mascara and I'm good to go. This mascara and I had a love/hate relationship when I first got it. But we have gotten over our initial issues and we are now deeply and fully in love. If I want to make my eyes pop a little more I just add a bit of MAC All That Glitters and some nude eyeliner.

Peach is pretty much the only shade I ever wear on my cheeks these days. Wether it's in the form of Stila's Convertible Color in Lilium or Clarins' Multi Blush in Candy. And a quick pat of the MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl, and then the face is complete.

But when, you know, I want to go all out, I add a little bit of jazz to my lips. The Topshop Lip Pencils are lovely and the two shades that have taken residency in my top drawer are Clueless and Powder Room. Both pink and both super sweet.

That's it, those are the items that are most used. I like to invest in quality items that guarantee a put together look whenever you apply them. I'd rather have two great items than twenty low quality ones. What are your favourite everyday items?

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment