15.6.14

The Sunday Post #5

200 years of the monarchy

Daddyyy

Sushi with dad

If I were to find an adjective to describe my weekend it would be 'celebrative'. Saturday afternoon I went downtown because my city was hosting a 'grand defilé' in honor of the monarchy's two-hundredth anniversary. For two hours we watched a parade of items from our country's history, from the Dutch army on their bycicles to people depicting all the monarchs that have led our great nation. It was a beautiful and informative day.

Today is Father's Day, and I've been stalking my dad for weeks, constantly asking him what he would like as a gift on this day we celebrate the daddies. He, of course, kept saying that he didn't want anything. I ended up inviting him out to dinner with my mom, brother and my other half. We went to a huge new restaurant that opened just a block from my home. It was a bit chaotic and the restaurant definitely has some things to work out before it flows like it should, but it was delicious nonetheless.

My dad seemed happy and pleased with the night out, and really it's the least I can do to celebrate and thank him for all the wonderful things he does for me and my brother. If it wasn't for my dad I wouldn't have a lot of things in my life. Knowing Queen's entire song collection word for word being one of them. My dad seriously has the driest, craziest sense of humor. No dinner can pass without him making some joke that he thinks is incredibly funny while we look at him with questioning eyes that say 'did he really just say that?'. Long story short, my dad is awesome.

I hope you had a great weekend! What did you do?


BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment