23.6.12

Essie Bikini So Teeny Collection

header

Essie is an American salon nail polish brand that's been around since 1981. They're the expert on fun fresh colors, in my opinion. And they certainly don't stray from that with their Summer 2012 collection titled 'Bikini  So Teeny'. The collection holds six fresh shades that are all limited edition. 


bikinisoteenycollec

- bikini so teeny is a sparkling cornflower blue
- cascade cool is a creamy, sweet dusty pink
- all tied up is a rustic bronze with subtle golden shimmer
- off the shoulder is bold, hot pink
- fear of desire is a bright orange crush
- mojito madness is a fun-loving lime green

images and shade discriptions from essie.com

I myself own the shade 'off the shoulder', the shade spoke to me most when I stood in front of the overwhelming display filled with polishes. I wanted to buy them all, but I contained myself and purchased just one. 

bottleofftheshoulder offtheshoulder

'offthe shoulder' is a nice enough hot pink. It's isn't exactly spectacular, and it certainly isn't bland. I really enjoy this polish. It covers pretty well in just one coat, but I applied two for good measure and a completely even coverage. The essie nail polish brush is pretty darn huge, using it on my tiny pinky nail was almost impossible to apply neatly. The polish spreads nice and streak free, and it dries to a nice smooth shiny cream finish. 

As I said, not the most spectacular pink I have seen, but it is the first one like this in my collection. A perfect color for a nice fresh and fun summer manicure. So let the sun shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment