28.7.12

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination/Oily skin

garnierbbtube 

Some time ago Garnier came out with a new addition to their Miracle Skin Perfector line, after the original BB cream by this brand was released, a storm of reviews came about. In my opinion, Garnier didn't make, and has yet to succeed in making a BB cream. 

Asia has made the BB cream huge. Many call it the secret of Asian celebrities. And known properties of the Asian BB cream are...

perfect coverage, while remaining a light and airy feel
often contains natural ingredients
extremely moisturizing
anti-aging
works as a skin lightening treatment

The first Garnier BB cream was not light nor airy. It was supposed to give you a 'healthy glow' but it made your skin look greasy and congested. It made me (and many other people) break out. And their definition of 'light' was more like an oompa loompa spray tan. Long story short, many people in the beauty world didn't like it, at all.

Garnier responded to this icy reception with their statement that this was a BB cream developed for the European market, which meant that this market required a different strategy and a different formulation. Maybe so, but I don't think the European market would want a BB cream that barely has any coverage and makes you look like you've been sweating for hours on end.

And then Garnier came with a new BB cream. The one meant for combination to oily skin. This BB cream has better coverage, a light feeling and a matte finish. How discontent I was with their first BB cream, how content I am with this one. The only thing I don't like about it is that it contains alcohol, which I think is a little odd when it is supposed super moisturizing.

Nevertheless, I really enjoy this product. It has a nice enough coverage, just what I need in this hot and moist  weather. It lasts a really long time on my normal to dry skin, even in this sweaty weather. I love this product. A light coverage that just covers the redness and unevenness in my skin and still leaves room for my natural skin to shine through.

bbswatch garnierbb

The product comes in a long tube, with a very narrow end. This is perfect, because the product itself it quite thin. You don't have to squeeze the tube at all, it just drips out when you hold it upside down. Trust me, don't squeeze, giant mess

I have the light version of this bb cream, which is perfect because it oxidizes slightly to fit my (barely there) tan. And yes, I have freckles! I've recently embraced them, after many many many many years of cursing them. Oh I also have new glasses and I lightened my hair. Shameless self promotion over now, I promise. 

bbonskin

I still wouldn't cal this a BB cream. But if you're looking for a pretty good tinted moisturizer with a matte finish. The Garnier Skin Perfector for Combination/Oily skin is a good bet for you. Steer clear of the normal one, unless you want to look like a sweaty glow worm crossed with an oompa loompa. 

What I'm wearing:
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector for Oily/Combination skin in 'light'
Collistar Sun Effet mosaic blush/bronzer in 8 Champagne
Manhattan perfect brunette brow pencil as eye liner
Bourjois Volumizer mascara
Rimmel London lipstick in pink gossip (applied very lightly as more of a natural pink wash)

1 comment:

  1. Great product but our packaging here sucks:(

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete