1.10.12

Day 1: Red


If you're familiar with the nail polish world the title of this blog post might seem familiar. Yes, I am indeed trying my hand (pun intended) at the 31 Day Nail Challenge. I have tried the same challenge last year and failed to commit and after twelve days I gave up and called it quits. 

The 31 Day Nail Challenge is basically a month long challenge with a different theme every day. The first ten days it's all color based, the second group of ten days is all based around patterns and the third and final group is all nail designs inspired by certain things, songs, movies, books, etc..

I am confident that this time around I can really keep up with the challenge. I already know what I am going to do for the second day.


The first theme was red. Last time around I just painted my nails a solid red color and called it a day. This time around I wanted to do more interesting things with my nails. How could I make it entertaining for you to see? First thing that popped into my head when I saw the challenge for today was strawberries. The delicious sweet red summer fruit. I love strawberries and I try to eat them as often as I can in their season. 

The red polish is from an Essence Nail Art3 set. It's called 'top of the hill'. The green leaves are also from essence. It's called 'In Fashion We Trust'. The yellow seeds were dotted on with the ever bright NYC nail polish 'Lexington Yellow'. 

Delicious and cute, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. What a fab look! I could never commit to this sort of challenge, I'm just too lazy! xx

    ReplyDelete