Catrice has added a lot of new things to their collection over the last month, and included is the budget brand's answer to the much praised Naked palette by Urban Decay. The absolute nude eyeshadow palette. A small travel friendly palette with six shimmery nude shades that can be used for a daytime look or a nighttime showstopper.
The palette is made of shiny black plastic with a clear lid, the letters printed on in white. As you can, obviously, tell from the picture up top.
The six shades reign from golden, to champagne to a cool and warm toned browns. All very nude and easily combined to make an eyeshadow look that will have you looking wonderful. The pigmentation on these shades is pretty good, not spectacular like the UD Naked palette, but if you use the right bruhes you can do great things with this palette.
The palette also comes with a double ended applicator. The usual cringeworthy sponge applicator and Catrice's answer to the term 'blending brush'. It does an okay job at applying, but you are much better off with higher quality brushes.
How to achieve this daytime smokey eye using the Catrice Absolute Nude palette
1. Apply the third color from the left all over your moving eyelid
2. Then sweep and blend the darkest color into your crease, for a daytime look blend it in a c-shape rather than a V. Which can look a little too dramatic and OTT.
3. Apply the second to last color underneath your eye, make sure not to go further in than about 50%
Finish off the shadows with the champagne color found in the second pan under your lashes
4. Apply a long lasting eye pencil on your lower lash line and slightly smudge it
(Budget: Essence Stays no matter what waterproof eyepencil Bank: Urban Decay eye pencil)
5. Last but definitely not least, lashings of black waterproof mascara on your top and bottom lashes.
The perfect daytime smokey eye.
The Catrice Absolute Nude eyeshadow palette is available now and will cost you €4,99. A total bargain for a nice versatile palette that will get you through many days and nights.