30.3.13

Lush Angels On Bare Skin Cleanser

angelsonbareskincleanser3

angelsonbareskincleanser2

angelsonbareskincleanser

Lush has always been a brand that spoke to me. Their products often named funny things and made up out of mostly natural ingredients. But somehow I have never ventured off into a store. It could have something to do with the explosion of fragrances that enters your nose when you step into the store. Or the slightly pushy sales assistants that are hell bent on making you fill up your basket with all of their products. However when I was in The Hague last month I finally stepped into the store to check out their Big Shampoo, more on that later.

I was interested in the cleanser that they had laying around. Their fresh face masks also look really yummy. There is one called cupcake, and I am pretty much a sucker for anything cupcake scented/flavoured/inspired. I ended up purchasing a tub of their Angels on Bare Skin cleanser. A dough like cleanser that is supposed to leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated.

Since the description on my tub is in Dutch I went to the Lush website to see what the English description is.

"For heavenly soft and balanced skin, take a smidge of Angels on Bare Skin, mix with a little water and massage in. The kaolin clay base deep cleanses while ground almonds gently exfoliate the dead skin away. Rose and lavender are added to soothe and help balance out combination skin. It's our best selling preservative-free and packaging-free daily cleanser for all skin types, so if you don't know which cleanser to choose and it's heavenly skin you're after, start with Angels."
The description is pretty accurate. The mixing up with water part is slightly tricky and messy, because at first you don't know what the ratio water to cleanser is. I now settle for a pea-sized amount of the cleanser with a couple drops of luke warm water, I mix that together and if I feel like the consistency isn't paste-like enough I add a bit more. I massage this onto my skin. I love how the ground almonds lightly exfoliate my face.

The cleanser is enriched with natural glycerine, which holds moisture really well. This is what makes your skin feel extremely soft and moisturized. The rose, lavender and chamomile smell really calming and make sure the skin doesn't get too red. The kaolin clay extracts dirt and cleanses your skin and pores.

I've read other people's reviews and a common complaint (on Makeup Alley) is that this cleanser doesn't remove makeup properly. This is where I think people are using it in the wrong way. The cleanser is called angels on bare skin, emphasis on the bare part. This isn't supposed to be used as a makeup remover. If you are using this cleanser and you want it to work properly, make sure you have removed your makeup beforehand.

I use the cleanser two times a week as an extra exfoliating treat. On other days I use a new La Roche Posay duo, on which I  will report later.

Keep in mind that this cleanser has a 3-month expiration date. I know for a fact that I will not be finishing this tub within three months. I checked with Lush and it is perfectly fine to freeze their products. So I have taken half the product from the black little tub and put it in a small container in the freezer. Ready to use when I have run out of my first bit.

Lush is available in many countries and in their online shops
A tub with 100 g costs $13,95/€9,90

No comments:

Post a Comment