24.6.13

The Bourjois Bronzing Primer

BBP1

BBP2

There are certain products that you can't help but lust over, especially if that product has its praises sung by the fabulous Pixiwoo sisters. I'm talking about the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel cream bronzer. But considering it carries a hefty price tag, I've always put off purchasing it.

Cue Bourjois' summer collection. The Summer on the Riviera collection is filled with seven products to give yourself a beautiful summer glow. Included in the collection is a bronzing primer. Described as a tinted smoothing primer that evens and mattifies. Ring ding ding. A tinted cream product? That sounds surprisingly like the cream bronzer that so many of us lust over.

Considering Bourjois owns Chanel, yes the drugstore brand owns the high end brand, not the other way around., the possibility of this being a dupe for the fabulous cream bronzer took the beauty world by storm. I ran to the store and picked it up.

It really is a lovely product, it is soft and smooth and it blends into the skin beautifully. You can use your fingers, but I use my Zoeva face shape brush because cream products and acrylic nails do not mix. The colour is great for my slightly yellow tinted pale skin. It looks like a natural glow, as if I have just spent a weekend with my feet up in the sun.

But is it a dupe for the Chanel bronzer? Of this I am not sure. I've read many articles and I have seen many videos with the Chanel product and that seems to have a different texture. A little more solid, like you rub your brush over the product. While softly dipping your brush onto the surface of the Bourjous primer is enough to get a good amount of product. The Bourjous is somewhere between a cream and a mousse. While the texture is vastly different, the finishes are surprisingly similar.

So girls, if you want to try that famous Chanel bronzer for its look, you can also opt for the much cheaper Bourjous Bronzing primer. Available right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment