15.8.13

The Holiday Series: Beauty Packing

skincare2

For a self proclaimed beauty junkie it is quite difficult to pack a streamlined collection for you to take on holiday. But I feel like I have really done a proper job with the following bits of beauty products. In today's post I am focussing on everything beauty related. From skin to hair to makeup.

First up is skin care. My biggest obsession as of late. I am a faithful believer in the gospel of Caroline Hirons and pretty much take all her advice to heart. Mineral oil has been banned from my face, I double cleanse whenever I have worn makeup or sunscreen and I make sure to get as much moisture into my skin. This makes it really difficult when trying to downsize your skin care selection.

I decided to not stray too far from my usual routine. I'm only leaving my morning toner and cleanser at home, I will just use my nighttime cleansing oil as a substitute. My biggest struggle was whether to pack my favorite cleansing cream or not. The tub it comes in is massive and completely ridiculous to take with me on an eight day trip. In the end I decided to take the tiny remaining amount of moisturizer I have left and decant that into a small travel size pot. I cleaned that out completely and filled the pot up with the Clarins cleanser.

skincare
Clarins Extra Comfort Cream cleanser (decanted in old Hans Schreuder moisturizer pot) | L'Oreal Skin perfection advanced correcting serum | Origins ginzing moisturizer (morning cream) | Origins Clean Energy gentle cleansing oil (nighttime makeup remover/morning cleanser) | Clarins Gentle exfoliator (1st tone) | The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating toner (2nd tone) | Douglas travel size luminous eye gel | La Roche Posay Hydreane Extra Rich (nighttime moisturizer) | La Roche Posay effaclar duo
And of course a selection of cotton pads and swabs for proper toning and removing. I also just realized that I left out my favorite eye makeup remover which is the Clarins waterproof eye makeup remover. You might miss a facial sun screen in this picture, but just to remind you. My La Roche Posay Anthelios 50+ tinted sun screen was already packed in my hand luggage, which you can read here

Second is makeup. I think makeup is really easy to streamline. I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup on an everyday basis here in the Netherlands, so I know for sure that I won't be wearing tons on holiday. During nights I'd might want to put in a little more effort. Because you know, it's my first getaway with Mr. Mike and I want to look at least a little desirable.

makeup2
makeup
Shu Uemura lash curlers | Collistar Sun effect bronzer 08 Champagne | Zoeva Cream cheek brush | Zoeve Silk Finish brush | MAC cream color base in Hush | YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat |  Catrice Long Lasting eyeliner waterproof (pencil) | L'Oreal Superliner extra thin (felt tip) | L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic mascara | Bourjois Color Boost in Peach on the beach | Clarins Instant Light natural lip perfector in 02 Apricot Shimmer | Bobbi Brown creamy corrector | Bourjois Cream bush in 01 and 02 | Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze | Catrice Made to Stay in Mauvie Star

The keyword for my capsule makeup collection is 'handy application'. Products that require little or no brushes at all for perfect application are important. I do not want to pack an entire brush belt with all my different type of blushes when I can also use brilliant cream based products that work great in warmer climates. Cream blushes, highlighters and shadows are key in my holiday makeup bag. 

Hair and body are also really import during summer. With the heat and bright sun blazing down on me for the most part of the day my skin and hair need plenty of moisture and protection.

hairbits2hairbits
Hair bands | travel friendly tangle teezer | Primark teasing brush | teasing comb | John Frieda brilliant brunette shampoo and conditioner | Gold of Morocco Argan oil 

Lounging in the sea breeze takes its toll on your ends. I am deciding not to have my hair cut and colored before I leave but to save that treatment until after I get back. So any damage that might be done to my hair will be cured when I get back. Obviously I will try to limit the damage by using hydrating products that restore moisture to my locks. 


Bodybits2Bodybits
The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Cream Body Scrub | The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter | Rituals Sunrise Sweet Orange & Cedar shower foam | Vision All Day Sun Protection SPF30  | Gilette Venus razor

Smooth, soft skin is essential for a beach vacation. And the products pictured above will help me maintain just that. And let's not forget that the Body Shop's vineyard peach smells like heaven! The all day sun protection is a brilliant invention. Holidays are supposed to be relaxing and remembering to put your sunscreen on every hour just isn't. With the special formula in Vision's sun protection I only have to apply once every five to seven hours. Perfect!

And that concludes the second part of my holiday packing series. Later this week the third and final part will be uploaded. I am so ridiculously excited for my holiday. I cannot wait to do nothing for eight days. 






1 comment:

  1. Great picks! I love effaclar duo, the peach body butter and maybelline color tattoos :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete