Red lips are the classic statement color that everyone can pull off. Woah, bold statement. But yes, there is a shade of red for everyone out there. It might take some time to find it, but it isn't an impossible feat. I've selected five red lipsticks, suitable for each budget, to prove that something pretty doesn't neccessarily have to break the bank.
1. Essence Long Lasting lipstick in Dare to Wear - A classic red that appears slightly pink on the lips. Takes a few swipes to build a good colour, but once it's there, it stays for a good amount of time. And did I mention it only costs a measly two euros?
2. Rimmel by Kate Lasting Finish lipstick in 107 - Midprice drugstore lipstick with a great deep red finish. Applies beautifully and lasts for hours on the mouth. This range has gorgeous colours, but 107 takes the crown. It's a classic red, and you will love it.
3. Pupa New Chic in 57 - When swatched it looks quite purple. But upon the lips it's a wonderful raspberry red. It applies beautifully and has a luxurious shine. A little more expensive priced at almost nineteen euros. However the interesting colour and lustrous shine are worth the money.
4. MAC Lady Danger - Every girl needs a matte red lipstick in her life, and for me it's Lady Danger. Bright and orange toned red that lasts and lasts and lasts. Matte formulas tend to stay on the lips a lot longer than glossy lipsticks. And MAC's formulas really takes the crown. MAC are expensive, but the quality and longevity of this lipstick more than makes up for it. Available starting at €18,50.
5. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Fascinante - You should have seen my face when I walked out of the store holding my prized posession. My first red Chanel lipstick. Beautiful packaging always wins, shameful as it is. And the Rouge Allure Velvet's click system is just so cool. It almost trumps the colour, but not quite. The shade is rich and deep, looks great on paler skins. I specifically love wearing it with bold lashes and thick liner.