16.9.13

The Review: Chanel Le Volume de Chanel

chanellevolumedechanel2

chanellevolumedechanel

mascara on eyes

My simple makeup routine demands for the focus on a specific feature, my eyes. Lashings of mascara are applied every single day to frame my dark brown eyes. I have a big love for a drugstore mascara from L'Oreal, which I have mentioned countless times on this blog. But I am always looking for great new mascaras. And I've tested a new one, Chanel's Le Volume de Chanel mascara in Noir.

Once every couple of months a perfumery chain from the Netherlands (think Sephora, but twenty times less extensive) has their mascaras on special offer. Forty percent off on all mascaras, even those of high end brands. Last time this offer was on I purchased Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils, and I am hanging on to the last little bits of it.

This Chanel mascara comes in a sleek black tube (the little one was a sample in an older issue of Dutch Vogue) that looks so much more chic on a dressing table than one of those loud orange bulky tubes that Rimmel does. Even though those are pretty good performance wise. Let's see what Chanel has to say about their newest gem.
This high-precision mascara achieves instant volume and intensely lush colour in a single stroke. Its innovative formula expands, plumping lashes to their fullest. The exclusive new ‘Snowflakes’ brush combines long and short bristles to deliver an extreme, eye-opening effect.
The brush is made out of plastic, which makes it quite easy to apply too much, because you can't wipe off the brush on a cotton pad without pulling the pad to bits. You have to be really careful, but if you take your time you can pull off long voluminous lashes. It's a good mascara, and the brush is fantastic.

It doesn't smudge during the day but one drop of water and the floodgates are open, mascara running down the cheeks. I had a bit of a scare earlier this week, my dad was stuck in traffic when another driver wasn't paying attention and slammed into his car. Thankfully my dad was okay and didn't have any serious injuries, but getting that call really sent me into a state. There was mascara everywhere and I completely ruined my friend's sweater. Sorry Mitch!

I have worn this mascara every day last week. First I give my lashes a curl with the Shu Uemura curler and a careful coat of Chanel mascara and your lashes will last all day. I'm glad I bought it, and I will lovingly use it until it's finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment