25.11.13

The Monday Mani #9

Essie Midnight Cami

During the colder months I gravitate towards darker shades. Plums, taupes and as shown above navy shades. The polish I have on my nails right now is Essie Midnight Cami. It reminds me of the second ever bottle of OPI nail polish I bought, back when spending more than three euros on a thing like polish seemed crazy to me. Oh the times. That particular OPI shade was titled Russian Navy and it didn't leave my nails for weeks on end.




Now that I am hooked on Essie polish, (I swear it has nothing to do with how pretty the bottles look lined up) I am kind of leaving my OPI colors to gather dust. Essie just has such a wonderful color selection and most of their formulas are a dream to work with. Midnight Cami slides onto the nail easily and provides perfectly acceptable opacity in one coat. I add a second coat for longevity and extra shine, but you could just add a top coat and call it a day.

Finally I can do the monday manicure again. A jumble of circumstances left me unable to create one of my favorite posts for a few weeks, but secondhandspring is fully up and running again and I cannot wait to get back into the swing of things.

It's been so long since the last Monday manicure that doing an Instagram collage would take up half a page, which I opted out of. So you can take a look into my instagrammed life if you follow me @secondhandspring.

I also have a little announcement to make. When I was in Paris I picked up the Ciaté Mini Mani Month advent calendar, so instead of doing a manicure on Monday, I'm doing a whole twenty-four days of manicures through December. Opening up a square on the calendar each day and showing you which polish was behind it. Since December starts on a Sunday, that's also when I will be starting with the manicure month, leading right up to Christmas Eve which so happens to be the eve of my twenty-first birthday. I'm getting old.

Have a lovely week beauties!



BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment