17.12.13

The Nars One Night Stand Cheek Palette


NARSGuyBourdinpalette2

NARSGuyBourdinpalette

NARSGuyBourdinpaletteSwatches

Don't tell my other blushes, but I am cheating on them and having a one night stand with this Limited Edition Holiday palette by Nars. But this particular one night stand will probably last for months and months, because this palette is fantastic and all you'll ever need.

It was a trip acquiring this little palette. I first heard of its existence through instagram, the home of many of my wishlists, and was a little disappointed because Nars is extremely difficult to get a hold of in the Netherlands. This particular palette was exclusive to Space NK which doesn't ship to this country. To be honest I had given up and accepted that this beauty was not going to be mine. Until I walked into Sephora in Copenhagen and spotted not just one, but and entire shelf full of this gorgeous palette. Without any second thoughts I grabbed it and put it in my basket.



The holiday palette holds six smaller size blushes, which includes two brand spanking new shades. The top row holds the gorgeous alabaster highlighting shade called Devotee. It is similar to the famous Albatross, also by Nars. Next to that is Mistinguette the only matte shade in the palette. This one is pigmented a little less than the others but is still a pretty soft pink girly shade. And there on the first row, at the far right of the palette is the most famous Nars shade of them all Orgasm. The shade with the most controversial name of is a beautiful golden peach that looks so pretty and adds a gorgeous golden glow to the skin. Perfect for contouring, despite its subtle golden shimmer, is Laguna, the brand's bronzer shade. Next to that is another bestseller from the brand called Deep Throat. Also a peachy color with a golden sheen, but in this one the peach is a little more sheer. This one is probably more suitable for the lighter skinned girls. Last but not least is Goulue, a fleshy berry pink color. This one requires a light hand on application but gives you the prettiest natural glow to your skin.

This palette is perfect if you want to try Nars for the first time. You get a couple of shades that are great for every day use, plus three bestselling shades are included. Since I bought it I've used it almost every day. I feel like I'm cheating on all my other blushes. It's shameful.

For comparison's sake. These blushes each hold 4 grams of product and full sized Nars blushes come in 4,5 grams of product. A regular Nars blush will cost you nearly thirty euros. Times six is €180. You get 3 grams less product in total and you save about half the cost. Ladies, that's a damn good deal! I've heard that this palette is pretty much sold out everywhere, but as I mentioned before some Sephora's still have plenty of stock, so if you really want it, do some digging and you'll find it. It's definitely worth it.


BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment