6.1.14

The Monday Manicure #10

Pepperminty2

Pepperminty

Polishes Blanc Pepperminty

The first manicure of 2014. Do you find yourself saying this about everything you do this year? The Monday Manicure is back after being away for a while. During December I posted about the Ciaté Advent Calender every single day, showing you which polish I got and my thoughts on that shade. This minty blue shade called Pepperminty was behind door number eleven and back then I swatched it on a nail wheel instead of my own nails. 

Because this pastel blue shade does not cover in one coat, I first applied a coat of Essie Blanc. I normally would just go with two coats, but because these are miniature size nail varnishes I want to make it last as long as possible. Just a thin, not quite opaque coat, of the white polish will make Pepperminty pop that much better. The result is a creamy soft shade that still pops and looks interesting. 

Although this is a pastel shade, it's more of a bolder color for me. Especially during this time of the year. I stick to dark shades of red, taupe or navy usually. This shade is a lot lighter than I am used to. But I wanted something cheery to lift up the crappy day I am having. Nothing serious, just had a bad sleep and dealing with a terrible cold. This week will be pretty uneventful, just finishing up on the travel magazine at school and then I have quite a bit of time off to catch up on things from the previous year. I've made plans to meet up with a friend who lives in another city, and I haven't seen here in a while. So I'm really excited to go to her and take some photographs of gorgeous Utrecht. 

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment