9.1.14

The Rimmel Apocalips In Across The Universe and Eclipse

apocalips

applicators

swatches

Across the Universe
Across the Universe
Eclipse
Eclipse

Quite some time ago the Rimmel Apocalips came out. Described as a high pigment lip lacquer with the color payoff of lipstick but the finish of a gloss, they didn't really seem up my alley. But I till purchased a shade and reviewed it for the blog. But I have to admit that it has falled to the back of my drawer and I hardly reach for it anymore.

But while browsing through the drugstore aisles a few weeks ago I saw some new colors added to the range and was intrigued by them. While I loved the formula before, the color selection was a little disappointing and I ended up barely using the original shade I purchased, Stellar. There have been two new shades added to the range that are dark and vampy, perfect for the autumn/winter time.

The formula of these colors are amazing. They glide onto the lips and provide long lasting color that doesn't feel drying. I'd say you get a good five hours of intense color until the shine and pigment starts fading. Drinking this can handle, but a meal and it will disappear. You can increase the longevity by applying one coat, blotting with a tissue and then applying another coat over top. Don't make these coats too thick because this product can get a little slippy.

Across the Universe is a deep red color. It graced my lips during the party season a few times as it's a no nonsense in your face red lipstick. Eclipse however is a little more intriguing. Deep and dark with hints of purple and red. It's ultimate vamp in a bottle.

Mistakes are easy to make with this applicator, so either have some cotton buds and makeup remover nearby (I recommend Bioderma or the L'Oreal Micellar water as they do the trick easily but won't add any oil to the already slippery formula) or use a little lip pencil to warrant more precise application.

I really enjoy these new shades. The colors are beautiful and I adore the finish these give to the lips. The Rimmel Apocalips are available now and will set you back a measly €10,99/£6,49. 

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment