10.1.14

The Weekly Favorites #5

weekly faves 1

weekly faves 2

weekly faves 3

This week was a lot less hectic than the previous two. I managed to restore some sort of schedule to my life and even managed to fit in some fun times with friends. During this first normal week of 2014 I tried some new beauty products and remained faithful to some old favorites. These are my favorite items of the last week.

This is not the first time the Stila Color Me Pretty Lip & Cheek palette has been shown in a post like this, and it will definitely not be the last. The beautiful collection of cream blushes is something I reach to nearly everyday. The colors blend so beautifully onto the cheek and provide long lasting color. It's a perfect product and it really makes me want to get every shade the brand has to offer.

One of my best friends started a really exciting new job at the beginning of the year and we went out to celebrate this week. While I am trying to keep up with my 'consume a lot less sugar'-resolution ordering a glass of water when someone takes you out to a fancy hotel bar is just not done. It's safe to say I had wine. Quite a bit of wine. Which always does a number on my skin. To counteract the damage I had done I settled for a mid week pamper session. One of the masks I used, and will love until the end of time was the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque. This sucks all the dirt and grime right out of your pores will still taking into account that skin can be sensitive. It's extremely gentle yet effective.

After resisting the hype for such a long time, I finally caved and bought myself the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. The formula was completely renewed last year and Caroline Hirons now deems it worth the money. That alone can make me want to get a product. While I can't give a review on the long term effects yet, I've only been using it a week, I can say that this has been among my favorites in the previous week. I can see the effect of it on my skin. I wake up looking more refreshed, moisturized and glowing. What more could a girl want?

If you wear makeup, you need to take it off, period. But sometimes you don't feel like doing a full cleansing routine. On days like that I use The Body Shop Silky Cleansing Oil. This melts off makeup quick and easy and leaves the skin feeling silky smooth. A spritz of hydrating toner, drop of serum and you're good to go. An evening routine in a flash, and your skin will thank you later.

The trick to making redness disappear from your eyes is using a nude colored pencil on the lower waterline. It opens up your eyes and makes you look a little more awake. While the girls overseas can use the Rimmel Scandal Eyes pencil in the nude color, that isn't available in the Netherlands. However I found an alternative. The Catrice Inside Eye Highlighter pencil delivers great results. It has a slightly waxy texture which makes it last a lot longer on the waterline. I like this most when it's been on there for a few hours. Then it really blends nicely and you look really awake. And all of that for under three euros! A steal, I'm telling you.

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment