10.4.14

The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick Swatch

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick Pink Pong

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick Hot Pepper

You’d think with spring and summer on our doorsteps the beauty world would be focusing on lightweight, sheer items. But that does not seem to be the case, brand after brand is coming out with their version of matte lipsticks, lacquers, crayons and what not. As did Bourjois, late March they debuted their new line of Rouge Edition lip colors, this time in a liquid velvet form.

They promise a matte velvet look without the discomfort or dryness other products of the same finish often cause. I was intrigued by the color range and the amazing names, and because I have expressed multiple times that matte is my all-time favorite finish.

I got two out of the eight shade range, the gorgeous orange toned red called ‘Hot Pepper’ and the vibrant hot pink ‘Pink Pong’. I would’ve gotten more if their price was a little lower, €13,99/£8,99 each is a little steep. I would have gotten Frambourjoise as well, which is a gorgeous mix between pink and red.

Pictured first is Pink Pong, a hot pink with a blue tone to it. Blue toned pinks are usually the best way to go as they do wonders for your teeth. I was a little surprised that this wasn’t opaque on first swipe, as it did when I swatched it on the back of my hand. It seemed a little patchy but a second swipe makes it opaque.

After that we have Hot Pepper. A bright red shade with a slightly orange tint to it. The shade was a bit similar to MAC’s Lady Danger. This one is opaque in one go, and it looks beautiful and classic. A lovely one to pair with a good winged liner. There is just something magic about red lips and winged liner, isn’t there?

But the best parts are definitely the finish and formula. They are really comfortable to wear, drying after a few hours but nowhere near as quickly as other matte lip products I have tried before. It’s extremely lightweight and you barely notice it on your lips at all. It takes a couple minutes before it dries down to a fully matte finish, but when it does it is there to stay. It lasts hours and hours. I wore Hot Pepper the other day and had dinner and then went to have some drinks with a friend and it was still going strong when I got home at night.

And you see those swatches on my hand? They’re still there. And I’ve since done the dishes a few times, had two showers and was caught in a rainstorm. They have hardcore staying power. However, they are no match for my favorite two makeup removers. Clarins Express Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover and The Body Shop Chamomile Waterproof Eye and Lip Makeup Remover.

These are definitely worth a try. Especially if you want a low maintenance, high performing matte lip product. That is if you can get over the slightly steep price tag. If they were priced a little lower I would definitely get some more shades.

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment