22.4.14

The Disappointing Products

Disappointing products post 2

Disappointing products post 1

I've always had an aversion to speaking negatively on this blog. I'd rather not put time and effort into an article that in my eyes isn't very helpful. Earlier this week I posed a question in the beauty bloggers tag on Twitter and the unanimous answer was that people really do enjoy reading these 'products that disappoint' posts because it can sometimes help them prevent wasting money on things they otherwise would have bought.

The (self-inflicted) responsibility of a beauty blogger is trying lots of products and then reporting back to the internet what your opinion on the matter is. All in all that leads to me buying legions of products, and while there are absolute gems among my purchases, there are also items that just don't live up to the expections.

A little disclaimer beforehand, everyone is different. Something that didn't work for me might be amazing for you.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution
I've reviewed this puppy before and even compared it to the cult Bioderma micallar water and already concluded that it just wasn't the same. That however did not make it a bad product. I kept it in my skincare basket and have used it whenever I needed to quickly take off makeup to reapply something new. Never as a cleanser. Performance wise this is a good product, but I despise the packaging. No matter how careful I am I cannot use this without making a huge mess. I always get too much product, and the weird rectangular shape of the bottle makes it that the product goes everywhere.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum
Remember the advert for this product line? Pixel perfect your skin. What does that even mean? Skin isn't a computer, it doesn't have pixels. Brilliant marketing on L'Oreals end of the line, there. But all in all this serum didn't work for me. I didn't have any bad reactions or breakouts or anything. It just did nothing for me. My skin didn't feel silky soft, pores weren't refined and my tone didn't look more even. It was just an extra layer on my skin, sitting there, hanging around. It also has alcohol and perfume included. Ingredients I'd rather not have in my skincare.

Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm
I wanted to love this, I really did. But upon applying this the feeling of this strange scented thick balm just felt suffocating on my skin. And after removing it I could still feel the thick film it left behind, and that just makes my stomach roll. May I remind you that I go to town with a flannel, I don't just rinse. And still it's very noticeable on my face. When I used this I started breaking out and it just didn't work for me.

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
This balm is hard, difficult to apply to the lips and the added peppermint can be quite irritating. And besides that, it does nothing to moisturize my lips. It dries them out even more! Now that certainly isn't something a lip balm should be doing. Some people recommended I try the chap-stick form, which is more hygienic and maybe a bit more moisturizing. But right now I just feel like the Burt's Bees ship has sailed for me.

Lee Stafford Dark Dry Shampoo
A dry shampoo that doesn't leave a white wash on the hair, sign me up. I picked this up believing it would be the perfect thing for me as I love the texture that dry shampoo gives to my heavy straight locks. But it didn't do anything. It doesn't absorb the oil, it doesn't add extra body, it doesn't even give that lovely texture. The only thing it does successfully is not show up in my roots. But it's a bit of a waste to spend on it just for that.

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment